Cyberbullying, The Hidden Killer

Image created by Bassey, A. using wordclouds.com

https://flip.com/s/8y_QngvBWeRt

References:

One thought on “Cyberbullying, The Hidden Killer”

1. Hi Ann! I enjoyed watching your vlog for this week. I watched the Dark Cloud documentary as well, and feel the same about the story of Amanda Todd, which was such a tragedy at the time, and still is to this day. I liked how you mentioned how you will combat cyberbullying in your future classroom by using the STOP acronym, as it is an easy acronym for students to remember as well as for you to explain to your students, with steps on how to do so and know that they are not alone in this issue. As you mentioned, trying to stop cyberbullying is a very complicated issue, involving numerous communities, going all the way up to tech company owners and legislatures. My question for you is how can we as educators try to lobby these people that change needs to be put in place on their platforms to better prevent cyberbullying online? If we can try to do this, major changes can be put in place to help our students. Your thoughts can also be better expanded upon by mentioning how we as younger educators who have grown up with technology, can be more privy to noticing signs of cyberbullying as well as keeping up with newer social media websites.